The 16 herbal teas that help lower high cholesterol
High cholesterol is one of the most common problems in today's society. In the coming years, it is expected an increase in cases affected by this type of disease. The continuous consumption of processed foods, rich in saturated fats, promotes the accumulation of substances harmful to the body's well-being. In addition to the devaluation of the practice of physical exercise and stress management, diaries.
Our body is responsible for producing 70% of cholesterol, so the remaining 30% is extracted from the food we consume. It is impossible to eliminate cholesterol because our body needs it to stay alive, cholesterol being a fundamental compound for cellular activity. However, it is necessary to practice a healthy lifestyle so that the number of triglycerides is not higher than normal.
Discover the 16 herbal teas that help lower high cholesterol. Also, learn some tips that can help you balance your cholesterol levels. Good reading!
What is High Cholesterol?
Bad cholesterol or high cholesterol corresponds to cholesterol produced in excess by the liver (the organ responsible for production) inside the atherosclerotic plaques. The greater the number of accumulated fats, the greater the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
The function of good cholesterol, is to remove part of the produced fats and transport them to the blood. The phenomenon of high cholesterol occurs when there is an excessive accumulation of fat in the blood vessels, making it difficult for the cells to pass through. Consequently, blood oxygenation decreases.
It is worth noting that heredity factors and eating habits may influence the development of cholesterol. It will be from the consumption of teas with antioxidant and depurative properties that you can control cholesterol levels.
16 Herbal Teas to Lower High Cholesterol
One of the best strategies to lower high cholesterol is the consumption of teas or infusions based on natural ingredients with antioxidant properties. Daily consumption of this drink can promote the control of bad cholesterol. This effect may occur through detoxification of the body, which facilitates the movement of blood vessels.
Check out the 16 herbal teas that can help you lower high cholesterol:
1. Artichoke – contains depurative action that may contribute to the absorption and elimination of substances harmful to the proper functioning of the body;
2. Mate – contains antioxidant action that can promote blood circulation, favouring the easy absorption of fats. It will consecutively promote the balance of the intestinal flora;
7. Red Tea or Pu Erh;
9. Green Tea – is considered the tea with the highest antioxidant capacity;
10. White tea;
11. Shatter Stone;
13. Ginger – is considered one of the best and most potent teas with anti-inflammatory action;
15. Black tea;
Tips for Lowering High Cholesterol
In addition to drinking tea to balance cholesterol levels, you must follow these tips:
1. Practice physical exercise up to 4 times a week for 30 to 40 minutes. You can do it at the intensity you prefer, the most important thing is that you exercise your body;
2. Avoid the consumption of foods rich in saturated fats, even as high in sugar or salt. You should therefore increase the consumption of foods rich in essential nutrients. In particular, soluble fibres favour the absorption of fats and their elimination through the faeces. Choose to include in your daily diet, probiotic foods such as garlic and onions;
3. Eat 5 to 6 balanced meals a day;
4. Do not smoke;
5. Moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages. According to some scientific studies, the daily consumption of a single glass of wine with main meals can help the action of good cholesterol. This is if you pay attention to the quality and percentage of the wine you intend to consume;
6. If necessary, you should take the medication recommended by your doctor;
7. Avoid stress;
8. Get into the habit of checking the labels of the products you intend to consume;
9. Get enough rest for your body to recover the energy spent during the day.
Lower cholesterol with the best teas and tell us about your experience!
Chás do Mundo
"A Somantis, Unip. Lda é uma empresa fundada em 2005 e que atua no ramo alimentar, com especial incidência na importação e exportação de chás, plantas medicinais, acessórios, especiarias e produtos biológicos diversos. A nossa empresa faz-se representar pela marca "Chás do Mundo ®" que apresenta uma vasta gama de chás de elevada qualidade, onde conta com mais de 2000 variedades disponíveis, entre chás ortodoxos ou blends de diversas tipologias como o chá verde, chá branco, chá preto, chá vermelho, chá oolong, rooibos, plantas medicinais, tisanas, misturas de frutas, chás em saquetas simples, biológicos e de comércio justo."